- 4 to 6 years
About This Level:
- The T-ball division is the introductory level for most children to organized baseball and team play.
- Tee-ball allows young children to learn the skills of batting, catching, running the bases, and throwing.
- Players bat off of a T.
- Games: will be posted on our Hampton calendar and sent to you via your Coach
- Practices: set by the Coaches
What they need:
- batting helmet
- mouth guard is recommended
What to Expect:
- Second year T-Ballers who are aged 6 may be assessed for the Mini-Minor Division.
- T-Ball play is marked by a high degree of hands on instruction by managers, coaches and parent helpers.
- Game length is 4-6 innings or 90 minutes whichever comes first.
- No score is kept.
- Everyone hits off a tee each inning, rotating the line up each inning/game.
- The ball must touch the grass to be a fair ball.
- Runners advance 1 base only with the exception of last batter. Once the last batter hits, base runners continue running until they reach home plate.
- All players will play defensively in the field, rotating each inning, with a maximum 7 infielders and the rest outfielders. Each player must play a minimum of 2 infield innings per game.
- Catchers must wear full gear for maximum protection. They may use their own gloves.
- The pitcher must remain on the pitching area or mound until the ball is hit.
- There is no: base stealing, bunting, running on overthrows, walks or strikeouts
- No dog piling, as someone may get hurt.
- After the May long weekend, the 3 outs rule will be implemented.
- After the May long weekend, if some players are ready, they may be pitched to by the coach.