- 7 – 11
About This Level:
- The objective of the Minor Division Program is to continue to refine throwing and catching skills for greater distance and accuracy.
- Players start learning to pitch from 46 feet.
- They should improve on their batting skills and learn a better understanding of base running.
- Fielding skills should improve along with the knowledge of where to throw a fielded ball.
- Players should learn how to skillfully play the defensive positions and to listen and follow the directions of their coaches.
- Games: will be posted on our Hampton calendar and sent to you via your Coach
- Practices: set by the Coaches
What they need:
- batting helmet
- cleats (no metal please)
- Boys are required to have jocks
- mouth guard is recommended
What to Expect:
- Each team must have a scorekeeper or the game is forfeited
- Parents are expected to help with field set up and take down
- The Home Team parents volunteers are responsible for selling 50/50 tickets when playing on Diamond 1
- Fair play is defined equal playing time for; infield, outfield and bench, except where safety is a concern.
- Games will be played with a continuous batting order.
- A missed game counts as a full game played for player statistics.