- 5, 6 or 7
About This Level:
- At this stage of ball, there is still a great deal of hands on instruction during games.
- During defensive play, managers and coaches may remain on the field to give instruction and during offensive play, an adult will underhand pitch to the batter.
- Players transition from coaches pitching to player pitching after the May long weekend
- Games: will be posted on our Hampton calendar and sent to you via your Coach
- Practices: set by the Coaches
What they need:
- boys need a jock
- batting helmet
- mouth guard is recommended
What to Expect:
- Five year olds who have played 1 year T-ball may be assessed for Mini-minors and 6 years olds may be assessed to play Rookie Minor Division.
- Players will begin to pitch in this division
- A game is 6 innings with a min. of 4 complete innings.
- Each team supplys a scorekeeper.
- Regular rules of LL Baseball will apply with park rules.
- There is a 5 run limit or 3 outs per inning with the following exceptions: In the last inning the visiting team may score enough runs to go ahead by 5 before 3 outs. The home team may then try to score enough runs to go ahead before 3 outs are made.
- Bat through the line up.
- Coach or machine shall pitch from the pitching rubber (28 feet). The coach may give verbal instructions from the mound.
- There will be 3 swing strikes per batter. There are no walks.
- As of May 1st, the 3 umpired called strikes will be in effect.
- No base stealing, no lead offs, no bunting.
- If a batted ball hits the pitching coach or pitching machine, the play shall be ruled dead with no penalty or change in the pitching count. If it hits a defensive coach in the outfield, one base should be awarded.
- All players will play a defensive position.
- All players should play at least 3 innings in the infield during a game.
- At the end of 3 innings, the pitcher and 1st baseman must switch positions with any two outfielders. The catcher must switch with any player but 1st base or pitcher.
- Once a ball is released from the outfield, runners may only advance to the base they were running too or return to the bag they had reached.
- Up to two coaches may be in the outfield coaching the defensive team.
- A safety baseball shall be used.
- Players that play in the outfield must be 10ft. out past the infield and there should only be 7 players, including the pitcher and the catcher in the infield.
- All teams must have someone in charge of the dugout (i.e. coach or parent with CRC).
- Players should be in the dugout when waiting to bat. There are no on deck batters.
- The time limit is 2 hours with no inning starting after 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Bat boys or bat girls must be from their own team