- 9 – 12
About This Level:
- The objective of the Major Division program is to continue improving on basic skills such as catching, throwing, batting, bunting, fielding, base running and for those that want to, pitching.
- At this level they should be learning basic game strategies, both offensive and defensive (such as when to or not to bunt) and learn to read and implement signals.
- Teamwork and team loyalty is also important.
Director of Baseball:
- Games: will be posted on our Hampton calendar and sent to you via your Coach
- Practices: set by the Coaches
What they need:
- boys need a jock
- batting helmet
- cleats (no metal please)
- mouth guard is recommended
What to Expect:
- Each team must have a scorekeeper or the game is forfeited
- Parents are expected to help with field set up and take down
- The Home Team parents volunteers are responsible for selling 50/50 tickets when playing on Diamond 1
- Fair play is defined equal playing time for; infield, outfield and bench, except where safety is a concern.
- Games will be played with a continuous batting order.
- A missed game counts as a full game played for player statistics.