BlastBall introduces the basic fundamentals of baseball (hitting, throwing, catching, running and fielding) to kids aged 2.5-3.5 years old in a fun and understanding environment. Small groups of players rotate through stations that use balls, bats and other fun equipment to develop hand/eye coordination. We also play a very simple game where players hit off a tee and get to run the bases. There are no complex rules and no umpires – just fun!
Who can play?
- 2.5 – 3.5 year olds
What is included?
- A hat and team t-shirt that players get to keep!
- A team & individual photo
- Use of equipment
What is needed?
- Dress your player for the weather, bring water (we have a fountain if you forget or want to refill) and shoes they can run in.
- All equipment is supplied. We use soft balls, soft bats and honking bases. Gloves and helmets are not used at this level. Please do not bring your own equipment – keep that for playing at home.
- Parent participation is mandatory for this age group to ensure that players have support and success.
- Extra coaching/organizing help is always appreciated. No baseball experience is not necessary as it is mostly providing leadership where needed to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
- Blastball is held once per week on Saturday mornings in a 45 minute time slot.
- The season runs April through June with the exception of Stat holiday weekends.
Questions? Email us at Info@HamptonLittleLeague.com.