After listening to Premier Horgan’s plans for re-opening BC beginning in mid-May, Hampton Little League is more hopeful than ever that we will see our players from the baseball, softball and Challengers divisions back on the field very soon.
We continue to await guidance from the provincial health authorities and the District of Saanich before we can announce when the season will start and what modifications we need to make to keep our players and their families, coaches, volunteers, and the community safe and healthy. However, we expect to hold a ball season that will stretch into the summer and possibly early fall.
The Board of Directors has completed a full review of expenses related to the start of the 2020 season and developed a refund policy for this unusual time. Before the season was delayed, we had spent money from registration fees on assessments, equipment, upgrading first aid kits, field and dugout maintenance, facilities upgrades, and uniforms. We had also subsidized baseball and softball winter clinics for players in mini-minors through juniors.
In response to COVID-19, Hampton Little League has established the following refund policy for baseball and softball players who must withdraw from the 2020 season. The three options are:
- Refund of fees paid, with a $25 administrative fee withheld (with the exception of players in Blastball, who will have only a $10 administrative fee withheld).
- 100% credit toward the 2021 season. This reduces administrative costs for next season. If you have a player aging out of Little League and you have other children enrolled, you can use the refund credit toward their registration fees. Unused credits will be paid out once spring 2021 registration closes or you can donate unused credits to Hampton.
- Donate your fees to Hampton Little League to help offset operational costs. Given the unforeseen circumstances our program has, and continues to be faced with during this pandemic, any donation is greatly appreciated.
Hampton Little League has established three options for players registered in Challengers:
- Player participates in 2020 programming, which may include some virtual sessions.
- Player withdraws and receives a full refund of $25.
- Player withdraws and donates registration fees to Hampton Little League.
Players will remain registered for the 2020 season unless cancellation of registration is requested. Please e-mail email@example.com to request registration cancellation and to specify which option you are choosing. In the subject line of your e-mail, include the player’s name and division. In the body of the e-mail, include who the refund cheque should be made payable to and to which address it should be mailed (if applicable).
We hope to see you all soon!