Baseball assessments are done for players in baseball, from the ages of 6 to 12 (Rookie Minors, Minors and Majors). Assessments are important! Hampton wants to ensure your player is playing at the right level, so they will be safe and have success and to ensure there are balanced teams.
WHEN are the assessments?
Sunday March 11
- Location: Vic High School, 1260 Grant St, Victoria BC **
- Noon to 2PM: 6-9 year olds
- 2PM to 4PM: 10-12 year olds
- **Note this location MAY change, please check our calendar and email closer to the date in case there are changes.
Saturday March 17thLocation: North Douglas Church, 675 Jolly Pl, Victoria BC
- Noon to 2PM: 10-12 year olds
- 2PM to 4PM: 6-9 year olds
WHO gets assessed?
- Assessments are done with baseball players from age 6 and up.
WHO conducts the assessments?
Assessments are conducted by a few different people
- Hampton’s Player Agent
- Hampton’s Head Coach
- Volunteer Hampton Coaches.
- Independent assessors from the District level
WHAT happens at assessments?
- The assessors will have each player run through a number of different drills and activities that involve throwing, catching grounders, catching pop flies, batting, pitching and base running.
- The assessors compile all the information on each player and this information helps to determine the best level and team for your player.
WHAT to bring:
- glove, water bottle, batting helmet, bat if you have one